Founded in 2015 to address the unmet financing needs of SMEs, Validus is Southeast Asia’s largest SME digital financing and credit investment platform. Headquartered in Singapore, Validus is present in 4 markets – Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. Validus uses data analytics and AI to drive growth financing to the underserved SME sector via funds from individual and institutional investors. Backed by global VCs with more than S$50M in capital raised, our mission is to drive financial inclusion for SMEs through technology, data and industry collaboration.
An award-winning Fintech, Validus is ranked on LinkedIn’s 2021 Top Start Ups in Singapore and has been recognised with several notable awards, including Winner of MAS Fintech Awards 2020 (Singapore Financial Institution). Validus is also the first non-bank financial institution to be recognised as a Participating Financial Institution (PFI) in the government-assisted Enterprise Financing Scheme.
Who we are looking for
Our success is dependent on what each of us does, how we do it, and our belief that we can always do better. Validus is in rapid transformation and as we execute on our strategy, we’re building a strong team of passionate, capable individuals who are committed to Validus and to making it easier for SMEs to manage and grow their businesses. We welcome you to be a part of this exciting journey, as we transform our #1 SME digital financing platform into the first credit-led SME Business Neobank with one-stop financial management solutions.
This is a newly created role and an exciting opportunity for you to be a pioneer as the very first Product Marketing hire within the Marketing team and company. If you are an experienced and self-driven product marketer who has a continuous improvement mindset and is passionate about growing brands and market share through effective product marketing campaigns, we would love to have a chat with you!
- Ideate, plan, develop, own and drive go-to-market strategy to launch new portfolio of products
- Undertake continuous research and analysis on competitive environment and customer trends to derive effective product marketing strategies that drive inbound and outbound demand generation
- Plan and manage a calendar of product and segment marketing campaigns to drive product awareness, app engagement, acquisition and usage
- Negotiate and secure marketing partnerships for exclusive offers on digital solutions (offered by companies in industries such as finance and accounting, cloud, legal, e-commerce, marketing and advertising, HR and CRM) to enhance product benefits, and in turn, drive customer usage and loyalty
- Collaborate closely within Marketing team and cross-functionally with commercial, tech product, sales, partnerships and other teams on product launches and campaigns to acquire, convert and drive customer loyalty
- Define and communicate product value proposition, and collaborate with in-house design team or agency to develop marketing and sales enablement assets such as ad creatives, flyers, product videos and EDMs
- Drive cross-sell and usage of products through lifecycle marketing campaigns
- Conduct A/B tests, perform ongoing and post-campaign analyses and reports, and proactively propose actions to pivot and improve campaign performance
- Manage product marketing budget and ROI
- Develop regional product marketing playbook for key product launches
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Marketing with a minimum of 6 years of progressive experience in product growth marketing, preferably in fintech, financial services, tech start ups and/or fast-growth organisations
- Experience in marketing Neobank products (virtual account, virtual card, payments, expense management) and/or marketing to SMEs is a plus
- A proactive and organised self-starter with strong business acumen and an obsession to drive growth; must have proven track record of developing and delivering successful product marketing campaigns that delivered on or exceeded growth and market share targets
- Customer-focused mindset to anticipate, understand and interpret customer needs, and delight customers by meeting or exceeding their expectations
- Strategic, creative, analytical, resourceful and hands-on, with an eye for detail and ability to problem-solve, and translate data and insights into strategy and action plans
- Experience with app marketing, digital product acquisition strategies and an understanding of content marketing
- Experience in negotiating and developing marketing promotion partnerships
- Strong in writing creative and effective copy for product ad creatives that targets different user personas and customer segments
- Strong presentation skills, clarity of communication (written and verbal) and an eye for design
- A collaborative and cross-functional team player with strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, matrix environment
- Strong work ethics including having a sense of ownership, integrity, delivering quality work and meeting deadlines
- A growth mindset, self-awareness, a sense of humour, humility, a bias for action, insatiable curiosity, positivity, energy and adaptability. We want someone who is eager to learn, grow and perform, open to feedback, is resilient and has the tenacity to get things done!
What you can expect
- A competitive remuneration package
- Company health insurance
- An entrepreneurial company culture that emphasises empowerment at all levels – we set you up for success and we trust and empower you to get things done – act like you’re the owner and you have a stake in the company’s success
- A workplace that celebrates diversity of views, encourages empathy and values self-driven improvement
- Growth opportunities based on high performance