Founded in 2015 to address the unmet financing needs of SMEs, Validus is the leading all-in-one SME financing platform in Southeast Asia today, providing small businesses with faster and effortless one-stop financial solutions. Headquartered in Singapore, we’re present in 4 markets – Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
We’re on a mission to drive financial inclusion and prosperity for small businesses by leveraging data, AI and strategic partnerships to drive growth financing to under-served SMEs. To date, we have disbursed more than USD 2 billion in loans to small businesses across the region. In Singapore, our SME-focused, full-suite business finance offering includes loans, business accounts, corporate cards, payments, and expense management. Validus is backed by top-tier VCs and strategic investors, with more than S$60M in capital raised.
An award-winning FinTech, Validus has won first runner-up (Singapore FinTech – Singapore Founder category) at SFF Global FinTech Awards 2022, first place at MAS FinTech Awards 2020 (Singapore Financial Institution), Top 10 FinTech Leaders and FinTech Leaders under 30 at SFF Global FinTech Awards 2021. Validus was named by LinkedIn as one of the Top 15 Start Ups in Singapore in 2021.
We are seeking a experienced Manager/VP – Strategic Initiatives to work with the Group CEO and senior leadership team to drive the strategic agenda of the company. This role will be responsible for managing day-to-day operations of the CEO’s office as well as a variety of strategic initiatives. You are a self-starter and independent thinker with exceptional analytical and communication skills, capable of handling highly sensitive and confidential information while supporting a rapidly scaling fintech.
The role will suit someone with exceptional interpersonal, strategic planning and project management skills, who is able to work in a fast-paced environment and drive results. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of business strategy and experience working with senior executives in complex organizations.
- Work closely with the Group CEO and senior leadership team to set strategic objectives and manage execution of key initiatives
- Act as a liaison between the Group CEO and other departments, ensuring that information flows smoothly and effectively to support decision-making
- Coordinate and manage key meetings, executive team meetings, and other team meetings as required – Prepare reports, presentations, and other communications for the Group CEO, ensuring that all materials are effective and aligned with the company’s overall strategy
- Support the Group CEO in managing and developing relationships with key external partners and stakeholders.
- Manage the planning and tracking of quarterly and yearly OKRs
- Work cross functionally to ensure key projects are on track
- Drive strategic projects that streamlines organizational processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or a related field
- 5- 10 years of experience in a similar function
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal – Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional ability to work cross functionally, across all levels
- Experience delivering results in a matrixed and fast-growing tech company
- Strong discretion
- A background in investment banking or management consulting is advantageous