About the Company
Founded in 2015 to address the unmet financing needs of SMEs, Validus is today the largest online lending marketplace in Singapore with a growing presence in Indonesia, Vietnam and Thailand.
An award-winning Fintech, Validus uses data analytics and AI to provide growth financing to SMEs via funds from HNWIs and institutional investors. Backed by global VCs, our mission is to drive financial inclusion for SMEs through technology, data and industry collaboration.
As with the SMEs we serve, we may be small but together we are a mighty force! Our success is dependent on what each of us does, how we do it, and our belief that we can always do better. We’re building a strong team of passionate, capable individuals who are committed to making Validus the best online lending marketplace in the region.
About the Team
As part of the team facing large institutional clients and managing their back/middle-office requirements, you play a critical role in managing a key set of lenders on the firm’s marketplace platform. You will take part in fostering and managing our relationships with those funding the growth of Singapore’s SME’s.
- An Investor Relations – Operations Analyst will have a solid line report to the Head of Investor Relations to serve as the first point of contact of the team to Validus’s incumbent Institutional Investor base. He/She will also have a dotted line report to the Head of Operations for operational processing matters.
- Oversee institutional client growth:
- Grow our institutional client base, and foster institutional client relationships to drive the development of client investment mandates through a strong understanding of Validus investment products and focus areas, as well as client requirements
- Work both independently and with team members to ensure that loans on the platform are funded in accordance with investment mandates
- Liaise across functional teams for performing reporting requirements, and facilitating ongoing due diligence efforts
- Guide the investor relations departmental operational efforts for existing clients, including but not limited to:
- Development of reporting and analytics dashboards in conjunction with technology, data, and finance teams
- Play a key role in coordinating ongoing investor assessment exercises and compliance checks
- Manage allocation of mandated funds per client direction.
- Assist the Head of Investor Relations as well as the Relationship Managers in internal reporting and metrics analyses.
- Drive ongoing enhancement efforts:
- Manage and enhance the investor portfolio dashboards both for client reporting needs and for aggregate portfolio analytics and review
- Translate client feedback into contributions to drive technology projects focused on continuous enhancement of processes and innovation on the platform
- Further enhance performance tracking and signals management
- Supports Head of Operations in general operations processing functions, including client onboarding, account servicing, deposits/withdrawals, document management for investors. Also ensures that the investment bookings are properly executed, while strictly adhering to regulatory and Company standards.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with finance focus required
- 1-3 years of experience, preferably at an investment bank or within financial services
- Strong knowledge of investment products, corporate finance, and regulatory best practices
- Attention to detail and highly organised
- Effective team player with good interpersonal and communication skills, able to pick up on non-core focus concepts and work across teams to achieve goals with efficiency and best
- Able to independently handle communications and reporting requests with institutional clients