Founded in 2015 to address the unmet financing needs of SMEs, Validus is today the largest online lending marketplace in Singapore with a growing presence in Indonesia, Vietnam and Thailand.
An award-winning Fintech, Validus uses data analytics and AI to provide growth financing to SMEs via funds from HNWIs and institutional investors. Backed by global VCs, our mission is to drive financial inclusion for SMEs through technology, data and industry collaboration.
As with the SMEs we serve, we may be small but together we are a mighty force! Our success is dependent on what each of us does, how we do it, and our belief that we can always do better. We’re building a strong team of passionate, capable individuals who are committed to making Validus the best online lending marketplace in the region.
- Rigorously examine data and derive insights from it
- Apply analytics in all aspects of the business – risk, marketing, partnerships, process etc
- Work with stakeholders to understand reporting needs
- Identify and query data sources like SQL, NoSQL, APIs to get the required data
- Clean and transform data into required structure and form
- Setup automated data processing pipelines to prepare scheduled standard reports and ad-hoc operational reports
- Create dashboards using data visualisation tools like PowerBI/Tableau
- Communicate insights from reports across business lines to executives and employees
- Actively collaborate with technology team, product management, operations teams and other stake
- Minimum BA/BS in Math, Engineering, Statistics, Finance, Economics or other technical field
- Minimum 1-year experience as a data analyst.
- Financial industry background preferable
- MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint is mandatory.
- Database querying: SQL + NoSQL is mandatory.
- Python/R is mandatory
- BI and Visualisation Tools: PowerBI, Tableau is preferred
- Salesforce is preferred.
- AWS or Cloud is preferred
- Shell scripting preferred.